Sunday, February 03, 2008

Stinky Saturdays

Oliver was sick, I mean really sick yesterday. He has had a couple of little colds that I apparently totally over-reacted to, because he was feeling fine with his stuffy nose and low grade fever. But yesterday, oh my peanut was ill. He woke up at 6:45 with some diarrhea, and went right back to sleep after he got cleaned up. We slept until 9:00(!), which seemed very odd, because he was very red and very tired when he finally woke up, and hot, very hot. I took his temp and it was 102.6. I called the doctor and we went in, he just slept on my chest the whole time, the poor guy. The doctor couldn't find anything that would lead her to think it was anything other than a virus, so off we went to “push” fluids and get that fever down. He slept all day in bed while I watched movies and did some work cuddled up next to him. At 5:00 his temp was 103.9, which was totally scary. I called the doctor, who told us to try really hard to get his temp down in the next 2 hours or he’ll need to go to the hospital for some blood work, and loads of totally icky scary things that I did not want to put our very sick little guy through. I gave him a cool bath and some more Tylenol, fluids, and then his fever came down to 101.9. Sweet relief. He seems to be almost back to his funny little baby self today, despite some funky diarrhea, which is so good. No more sick babies please, it is too sad to see!

1 comment:

VeganLinda said...

Poor Oliver! I hate it when they are sick...it is so sad, especially when they can't say anything. I'm glad he is feeling better, but if you need anything, just give us a call.