Friday, March 07, 2008

You can run, but you can’t hide.



The wicked flu that has been sweeping through the nation has finally settled into my body. I thought I was going to be able to escaped its wrath, as Sasha had it about 3 weeks ago, along with everyone we know, and I had remained unscathed. But yesterday I woke up feeling like I had tuberculosis and ebola, my temperature was about 450 and the thought of moving seemed unfathomable. Sasha took the peanut with him to campus after making me tea and giving me some tylenol. After sleeping for most of the day, I took a bath and slowly started moving around and trying to make myself feel a little better. I don’t think I have ever felt this bad from a flu before, it is almost ridiculous how bad I feel! I am really working on the whole mind over matter thing and convinced that I can think myself better, I think it is working, along with loads of pain relievers, I was able to get Ollie out of the house today for some play time at the library, so he is having a good time while my organs are melting. Annie get your SARS mask out, the human beings are attacking with their biological warfare!

2 comments:

VeganLinda said...

I'm so sorry! It sounds awful. Can I bring you some soup or take Oliver for a while?

Stef said...

This is awful! I am sure Oliver would love to get out of the germ filled house, but he seems to have caught himself a cold, that he has passed on to me, which is like icing to my flu! I just hope he doesn't get the flu...Sasha is doing a pretty good job a taking care of us, but I know he wants me well soon! Thanks for your offer, but I would hate for him to give you a cold too!